At construction sites in remote locations where electricity is unavailable or there is no Internet connection, it’s a challenge to provide security.
For organizations working in such industries as oil and gas, managing remote construction sites, or maintaining gate security at remote facilities, security cameras are the first line of defense.
Surveillance cameras can fill multiple roles at a construction site, boosting a project’s efficiency and making an important contribution to safety protocols. That’s in addition to their traditional function of providing security.
Chief Benefits of Solar-Powered Wireless Security Camera Systems
When it comes to construction site technology, one of the most vital tools at your disposal will be wireless security cameras that transmit data via the cellular network. They need to be able to run on solar power when electricity is unreliable or unavailable in the region. That’s a typical working environment in remote construction site locations.
The three main benefits are as follows:
1. Construction site efficiency: To improve efficiency, project managers can use cameras to monitor progress at the site in real time. The cameras reveal employee behavior and will help a manager detect issues before they grow out of control. With cameras in place, you can keep tabs on multiple sites simultaneously.
2. Construction site safety: Safety on the job will be your top priority. Keep in mind that employers pay up to $1 billion every week in workers’ compensation costs. Further, 20% of these payments occur in the construction industry.
Using surveillance cameras will help you identify security concerns as they occur. You can determine if workers are failing to follow safety protocols and then have a manager reiterate what they need to do to protect themselves and fellow employees on the job. With eyes on the site, you’ll be able to do more to protect against falls and other accidents.
3. Security at construction sites: Failure to maintain strict security at a construction site leaves you open to trespassers, vandals and thieves — to name a few. You can only position so many human guards to augment fences and other security equipment.
Cameras will give you the peace of mind that you can keep watch over the workers, supplies and equipment in remote locations.
Construction Site Safety Tips
Keeping workers, visitors and equipment safe from harm is essential for better ensuring the project continues on track.
Follow these tips to improve conditions on the ground and meet your goal to have zero injuries on-site:
- Focus on safety when onboarding all new workers.
- Reinforce the use of proper equipment — from hard hats to using the correct tool for the job.
- Explain your drug-free policy and testing requirements.
- Remind employees to speak to their supervisors immediately if they see something unsafe, such as a malfunctioning tool or an employee violating a safety code.
Benefits of Using Eye Trax Products for Construction Site Security
Eye Trax cameras are perfect for hard-to-reach areas. This is because the cameras use cellular service to stay connected with the rest of the world.
There’s no need to worry about this form of technology staying on, because the cameras run on solar power. This means that someone on your team can be observing the scene 24/7/365 from any location on Earth.
The cost savings from preventing crime alone could justify the purchase and deployment of security cameras. That’s because the average value of just one piece of equipment that criminals steal from a construction site is $30,000, on average. Depending on the location, your chances of recovering equipment could be as low as 25%.
Check with your insurance provider to determine if you can get a reduction in rates after installing security cameras.
Harnessing Solar-Powered Security Cameras for Your Remote Work Sites Today
The next time you need to set up a project in a distant location where electricity is scarce and Internet access is a desire rather than a reality, installing Eye Trax products will be ideal for augmenting security. They could also help boost safety and efficiency.
To learn more about how Eye Trax products could improve conditions at your remote work sites, please get in touch today.
By Eye Trax at 2 Sep 2021, 13:54 PM