The Oil & Gas industries have a tremendous responsibility when it comes to keeping their pipelines safe. Not only does protecting their pipelines preserve our precious and valuable natural resources, it also can ensure better performance and higher profits. Oil and gas companies need to keep an eye on their pipelines constantly to watch for leaks as well as any unwanted intruders. However, monitoring an entire pipeline can be nearly impossible with a traditional surveillance system. Because, those pipelines can extend for miles through wilderness where power and Internet infrastructure simply don’t exist. Fortunately, Eye Trax offers the oil and gas industries the pipeline surveillance solutions they need to keep a close eye on their pipelines — thanks to our wireless, cloud-based technology.
Security Cameras For The Oil & Gas Industries
Powerful Security Solutions
Security camera systems from Eye Trax give oil and gas companies the power to watch their pipelines no matter where they are. That’s because our solar-powered, cloud-based cameras are perfect for pipeline security.
Here’s how Eye Trax cameras can benefit pipeline companies:
- Solar-powered: Our cameras are 100 percent solar-powered. This means that no matter how far your pipelines are from the grid, you can install cameras to monitor them. With just six hours of direct sunlight exposure, Eye Trax cameras can operate continuously for five days and nights. The solar panels can be set up as far away as 100 feet from the cameras, as well, giving you maximum flexibility for setup and installation.
- Motion Activated: Each camera system is equipped with a motion sensor that measures changes in thermal activity (passive infrared technology). This triggers the camera to capture video clips when a human or vehicle is present in the viewing area. Each camera system has a primary motion sensor on the camera and a wireless remote motion sensor that can be placed within 250 feet of the camera to provide complete perimeter security.
- Night Vision: Monitor all activity clearly through the night with our infrared LED illumination. It is invisible to the human eye and delivers 100 feet of clear vision at night.
- Cloud-based: Because our cameras use cellular data to transfer images and video to our cloud-based server, you won’t have to worry about maintaining expensive data infrastructure for your pipeline security system. Whether you want to see a live feed anywhere along your pipeline or review images and video from any time within the past year, Eye Trax makes everything simple for you to access.
Easy to See
Because oil and gas security is such an important issue, it’s apparent how security system solutions provided by Eye Trax can be crucial for pipeline companies. There are more than 2.6 million miles of oil and gas pipelines in the United States. Thus, operators need to keep their eyes on them at all time for numerous reasons:
- Terrorism: America’s energy pipelines can be prime targets for terrorists seeking to sow disruption and chaos. Using Eye Trax oil and gas surveillance cameras to closely monitor pipelines helps increase security and prevent the unthinkable.
- Theft: Because pipelines can be so remote and often unmanned, they may be inviting for thieves looking for a relatively easy score. Wireless security cameras from Eye Trax make it possible for operators to protect their property — even if no one is present on site.
- Ecological disaster: A leak anywhere along an oil or gas pipeline can be devastating to local ecology — resulting in costly cleanups and crackdowns from regulatory agencies. With oilfield security cameras from Eye Trax, pipeline operators are able to pinpoint leaks and respond to them faster, reducing the potential impact those leaks have on the environment and the bottom line.
It is crucial that oil and gas pipeline operators keep their pipelines safe. Security solutions from Eye Trax such as our remote oilfield video monitoring can make it much easier for operators to handle their burden. To learn more about our technology and what it can do for you, or to request a free quote, contact Eye Trax today.